Dr. Joseph Bacchi
Stony Brook Medicine healthcare system is dedicated to affirming the specific and unique needs of its LGBTQ+ patients, and has been recognized by the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) survey of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. The HEI survey serves as the national LGBTQ+ benchmarking tool that evaluates healthcare facilities’ policies and practices related to equity and inclusion of their LGBTQ+ patients, visitors and employees.
In this year’s 15th annual HEI survey of over 900 facilities nationwide, Stony Brook University Hospital (SBUH), which includes Stony Brook Children’s Hospital; along with Stony Brook Southampton Hospital (SBSH); and Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital (SBELIH) earned the designation of “LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader” for 2022. All Stony Brook Medicine hospitals received the top score of 100 on the survey, which encompasses non-discrimination and staff training, patient services and support, employee benefits and policies, and patient and community engagement.
- Preventative medicine (pap test/mammogram)
- Annual exams, cervical cancer screening with pap smears, breast cancer screening with mammography, colon cancer screening, screening for osteoporosis.
- We offer all forms of contraception including barrier/condoms, pills, patches, injections, insertable rings.
- In-office implants with Nexplanon and a variety of intrauterine devices.
- Infectious Diseases
- Comprehensive STD screening including in-office HIV testing with same day results
- Screening for common yeast and bacterial infections
- Gender affirming therapies
- Menstrual and puberty suppression
- Consultations for the female to male transition process as well as non-binary care
- Referral source for hormone replacement therapies
- Surgical treatments including hysterectomies
Find a Provider
Bariatric Surgery and Metabolic Weight Loss Center
LGBTQ providers in all departments