For centuries, midwives have cared for women during pregnancy, childbirth, and their early postpartum period. In addition, midwives provide a full scope of gynecologic care throughout a woman’s life.
Stony Brook Medicine’s Midwifery team explain what midwives do, share their philosophy and passion, discuss the valuable services they offer (breastfeeding support, Centering Pregnancy, behavior health), and explain how midwives educate and empower women to live their healthiest life.
Christina Kocis, CNM, DNP– Moderator
Maria Fisher, CNM, MSN, MPH, IBLC
Susan Liang, CNM
Rakiya Watts, CNM
Michelle Salz, CNM, MSN
- What is the philosophy of midwifery?
- How are they different than an OB? How do they work together?
- What are some misconceptions people may have about midwives?
- What is Centering?
- What is a lactation consultant and how can they help?
- What factors should go into choosing a midwife?
East Setauket, NY
6 Technology Drive
Stony Brook, NY 11733
4875 Sunrise Highway
Suite 200, Bohemia, NY 11716
500 Commack Rd
Suite 200, Commack, NY 11725
Hampton Bays, NY
225 West Montauk Highway
Hampton Bays, NY 11946